Monday, May 29, 2023

published to unpublished

i got an email this evening from the Blogger Team notifying me that one of my posts from 2004 was unpublished because it violated blogger's TOS  

i didn't title my pieces at that time & i have no idea what the post was about & since it was nearly a 20 year old piece of writing i will probably never know what the post was about & how it offended the TOS

at first i thought this was a spam email until i logged on tonight & saw the notice in my dashboard

then, i recalled my friend alex gildzen writing about the same situation that happened to him

http://arroyochamisa.blogspot.com/2023/03/strange.html

like alex said about his own blog my place in the pixels has a relatively small readership

i'm grateful to have a readership at all considering that i'm a small press poet of no renown obsessed with horror/exploitation movies sex desire life poetry family friendship etc etc.

& i can't recall any of my writings that could piss off the algorithms of our fair digital cultures

unless you consider cuss words that are abundant in my writings & in the early days of this blog i was writing a lot about wild exploitation movies

like beckett sez i can't go on i'll go on

keeping on keeping on

i am grateful to have this space for my poems reviews essays & rants 

& i am very grateful to have you too along for this wild ride into movies living & the international republic of [anti]poetry

4 Comments:

At 4:51 AM, Blogger Richard said...

Hi Richard

The internet is becoming dominated by systems, and these are changed I think just so a programmer or an "expert" can make money. The aim is to keep selling some new system. They want to sell fast and quickly to anyone except poets or those of us who think we are different etc...but overall I try to avoid immersion in this tech (altho at one stage I was a telecom tech etc but I worked in hardware. Alan Sondheim though used to ride with the tech etc but add to it some great poetic things, and his philos. and ingenuity. ....

I tried your contact but a blue envelop comes up asking me to chose a way to email you.

Doing some reading: a book from my library called 'The Lonely City' by Olivia Laing...included Hopper and his life, Warhol, Henry Darger and some other artists...also she discusses her own obsession with the internet and her own existential loneliness. Also started reading some essays by Siri Hustvedt, you may know the wife of Paul Auster. Fascinating life histories and astute writing by both writers. Hustvedt's book on art I think is 'The Golden Rectangle' which I found fascinating, and she also wrote about her own nervous issues in 'The Shaking Woman...' which I am still reading. I'm presently reading her latest non-fiction book. Haven't done much on my Blog lately as trying to get my son and myself organized (nearly there) to publish (hasically self-publishing) a book each...Keep in touch, maybe send your email or I could post mine. All the best, Richard Taylor

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger richard lopez said...

richard! it is so good to hear from you! i check on your blog hoping to find more recent work! as for self-publishing your book i support it 100 percent. i am an aging punk rocker who deeply believes in DIY ethos. i just sent you an email. i hope it is the right address. otherwise, click on the link 'contact me' & it gives you my correct address.

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Richard said...

Got the email.... Need to do more on the Blog but right now looking for an image for my book...

My poetry will not be popular by any means, perhaps not even "good" but I will forge on...

I'll get a copy to you somehow when I get it printed / published...

Richard von Sturmer I keep meeting is also an 'aging punk'! Still reads his strange poems. Heard of him? He used to go to the US in his capacity as a Buddhist or Zenist....not sure the details...but whenever we meet we talk of the 'two Richards'! Perhaps now we have three Richards or three richards....I should post my "The Richard Taylors" which is a mad conversation with myself which was published...In that case I could extend it...the higher the number of my "fgrament" the crazier the richard or Richard gets!!


Humour in literature, subversive humour....I believe that is the deal re Name of the Rose, I want to re-read it... we need to keep reading, writing, looking at bad and BAD movies... or whatever but not forget we are having fun...touch wood....we are having fun....! RT

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger richard lopez said...

i subscribe to the responsibilities of the poet described by cuban poet omar perez

1. have fun
2. observe
3. comment on what you are observing

even in our presently bummer days of political backsliding, climate disruption, AI/automation etc etc. it is so damn important to remember to enjoy the hell out of the short time we are graced with on this planet.

just as frank o'hara said, 'grace to be born & live as variously as possible.'

yes, i know of richard von sturmer's poetry & his life as a zen monk. i discovered his poem 'frank sinatra's hat' published in Fulcrum #3 2004 & have been an admirer ever since. i am happy to be part of 'the richards'!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home