Sunday, February 11, 2024

poetry on the radio

as whitman said in his Leaves of Grass, do i repeat myself?/very well i repeat myself!  well, if he didn't say it that way the good grey poet oughtta!  at any rate, anna & i took advantage of super bowl sunday to do a little shopping at a local nursery.  it was an early spring day & the tho spring hasn't fully sprung we wanted to see what the nursery might have.  sure enough it had some really cool green things.  anna is the one with the green thumb with good taste.  me, i'm simply the muscle & the mule.  so when the game started - we could hear the jeers & cheers from our neighbors - i took a spade, a bucket, a pair of clippers, & planted the plants we bought in our front garden.  the physical activity was marvelous for both my body & my psyche.  

this is the digital age & as i dug into into the dirt i plugged my phone into this 2017 radio interview with douglas rothschild.  i've written about douglas before so it comes as no surprise as to how important he is as a poet to me.  his book theogony [subpress; 2009] is an important book to me.  when WCW claimed that it is difficult to get the news from poetry but many men [& women] die every day from lack of what is found there he might've had douglas in mind.

here in this interview conducted by fellow poet chris funkhouser douglas reads from his chapbook The Rembrandt School School of Poetics.  trust me!  it's freaking great!  so please plug in, turn on & dig douglas at his prime.

click below por favor!

https://wavefarm.org/wf/archive/qpsr85

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home