Saturday, April 24, 2004

really, really looking forward to holding and reading Tom Beckett's latest book Vanishing Points of Resemblance. I remember discovering Beckett's work in college when I spent more time in the stacks of the library then I did in the classroom. that was a magical time, and absolutely unrepeatable. one discovery after another and another and another. I still love to hang out in libraries. I'm lucky in a way because the central library here in Sacramento is just a couple of blocks from work. often I stop there after a long hard day to browse the titles, pick up a book and read a page here, a poem there. and I still hang out at my university's library when I have a chance. though I must say that the periodical section is getting smaller and smaller. the college library has a pretty good run of Sulfur but stopped subscribing to it in the early 90s. guess there ain't much interest in it or no money for renewing. ah, fuck it, so much for learning, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home