Friday, May 20, 2005

Multi Tasking

I like being a househusband. while Nicholas naps, burned a cd of The Postal Service for a friend at the same time clicking thru several blogs this afternoon I noticed everyone seems to be talking about the new Star Wars flick. read a few reviews and it is supposed to be the best one since Empire Strikes Back. no one could possibly a bigger geek for the franchise than me, having been 10 yrs old when I saw the first movie, I was blown away. and yet, all the movies with the exception of Empire have been terrible disapointments. I don't have high hopes for this new film. George Lucas is not a genius filmmaker, even tho a few movies like American Graffiti and THX 1138, do have sublime moments.

even so, I'll catch up with the series. I avoided the last movie after throwing my empty popcorn container at the screen during the end credits of The Phantom Menace. it was fricking awful, and like bad testimony should be stricken from the record.

tonight going to the drive-in with my oldest friend. we probably won't catch Revenge of the Sith cuz when we go to the drive-in we just want to shoot the shit, drink beer, stuff our faces with chips, pizza etc etc. and soak up the atmosphere. any movie will do for that. perhaps we'll see the latest Exorcist film. it got a good review by Roger Ebert, and we all know about his expertise and love of horror films. or not. did find out recently that he wrote some scripts for legendary exploitation director Russ Meyer. now that is a recommendation.

I want to say how much I enjoyed Eileen's reading Tuesday night. it was my first reading since the birth of Nicholas. Eileen was an excellent reader, warm and pleasure-giving to my eyes and ears. her ideas on community are brilliant and would like to read more about them on her blog. also, had a terrific time talking with Jean and meeting Jim too. heard they got lost in Sac on the way home. it was a rainy evening and directions are something a native takes for granted. as many times I've been to SF I still don't know the city worth dog dookie. just point my car in the direction I want to go. and somehow manage to get where I need to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home