Sunday, June 12, 2005

all right, so I've been bumming about last week, because I am now a year older than I was the week before. usually b-days don't depress me at all, usually feel pretty lucky in that I'm alive. hopefully that doesn't sound terribly naive since for the most part I do feel lucky that I breathe, think and can use language, at some degree at least.

that maybe my sense of humor, crude if defined by Anna (for example, watched sections of Army of Darkness on the SciFi Channel yesterday and was rolling in hysterics while Anna shook her head and thought maybe that kind of humor is found only on the Y chromosome, like digging The Three Stooges or something [she's probably right]), had permanently left me. so that when Anna showed the photo of me and Nicholas wearing striped shirts (an accident I assure you, not done on purpose but by happenchance, mind you, since both articles of clothing, my t-shirt and Nicholas's onepiece, were the first things in reach that morning, really, honestly) to friends and co-workers she said, my husband is the one not wearing a diaper. a classic line! I shoulda thought of it myself.

but then so the weather, rainy and miserable last week, brightened and hotted up. like summer should be. and I've been laughing at the stupidest shit imaginable. so that has come back, at least. and today I saw my first fireworks stand in the parking lot of a shopping mall, which nearly always puts me in a good mood. so there.

oh, and I've been looking at the photos on Tom Raworth's site lately. what I dig about Raworth's site is that he proves the lie that being a topnotch poet means ignoring yr family. it is obvious from the pictures of his family that he very much loves them. and loves being with them. the only complaint I have is that I wish the poet would captioned all his photos so I know who the people are in them. I really like looking at the photos of fellow writers, artists and musicians, such as this one of the brilliant, devilishly handsome, poet Duncan McNaughton. now if they were all captioned like McNaughton I'd not be guessing all the time who is who. but I dig Raworth's photos just the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home