Monday, July 16, 2007

8 random facts about me [a few true]
for tom b.

1/ my hair is salt&pepper. it started going grey at age 8

2/ i live in the town i was born & raised in
i have sojourned here & there
but figure any place is a good place to die

3/ my 1st love was the martial arts. i blame my father. for it was him who took me to my 1st kenpo class. i was smitten at 1st blow. later i studied shotokan karate. i wore - seriously - chuck norris brand jeans in order to kick serious ass: at all times.

4/ i'm a nut for ufo lore
& the geek culture
that surrounds it
i cannot say whether
this is a short-comimg
of mine but i'll watch almost
any tv show or movie about ufos

5/ i've seen a ghost - no shit - at the age of 7. anna almost dumped me when i told her about this fact. the ghost was not human, but a pet monkey who lived in the room, and was dressed in overalls, and stood about a meter tall. i can still see him today. those who doubt my veracity are welcome to call my mother. she will vouchsafe that that monkey did indeed live - and die - in that room.

6/ i am a life-long vegetarian. i gave up eating meat after attending a fair called 'lamb town' in dixon, california where they were slaughtering the creatures. that was in 1990. i am not a vegan but a lacto-ovoid veggie. i do not eat anything that tries to fly, swim, walk, run and crawl from you in defense of its life. i will not kill anything that screams in pain. i also will not try to convert anybody. i do my best tho to not increase suffering and death.

7/ despite seeing a ghost, digging the lore of ufos and cryptoids, i am an atheist who does not believe in the after-life.

8/ i was knocked unconscious for well over a minute at a circle jerks show. i recall doing a stage dive during the set of the local band - the vacant - and the crowd parted like the red sea. next thing i know i was placed in a chair by the stage and told to just sit there. it looked like i was dead.

4 Comments:

At 3:55 AM, Blogger Tom Beckett said...

I shot
the monkey.
But I did not shoot
the chimpanzee.

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger Nicholas Manning said...

fantastic facts richard . . . i'm a lacto-ovoid veggie too, and i love your definition. sounds simple to us, only problem being, last time I explained it like this, the next question was: "but what about molluscs?" sigh . . .

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger kevin.thurston said...

chuck norris brand jeans

this made me think of dirk diggler

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Jean Vengua said...

hey, speaking of ufos. I've spent several vacations in area 51, Nevada. Looking for the damn things. All I saw were a lot of eccentric characters, an Italian film crew, a herd of wild mustangs crossing the highway, several extremely dramatic mock "dogfights" by jet fighter planes (forgot what kind) over the desert, a ghostly glimpse of one of those big black bat-winged spy-jets (forgot the name of those, too), and........

well, there's a gap in my memory after standing out in the desert looking at something in the night sky. But I forgot what that was all about, too.. hmm. That was the night my shoes disappeared.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home