Monday, September 22, 2008

the new hippie

last night my mother-in-law went to an equinox party to celebrate the change of the season. there was smudging and i think some chanting and i don't know what else. but it was done in love and friendship and i say why not. for i love this time of year and today is the first day of fall. love is in the air, really, i hope. anyway, when i told anna i thought such a gathering is cool and hopeful she told me she knew i would dig such a celebration. because, you see, she told me i'm a hippie at heart. yes, the new hippie. god help my soul.

2 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger Catalin said...

It'd be funny if Anna's mom was at my mom's equinox celebration! Was it in a tipi?

Cuz I can't help it, I'll probably have a solstice celebration too, this year. You're hereby invited. Details to follow.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Guillermo Parra said...

Have you seen the Joe Strummer bio movie that came out recently? At one point he says in an interview, something like: "In the end, I realized I've always been a hippie deep down..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home