Friday, January 29, 2010

is that all there is

my half-assed studies in zen buddhism. sounds like the beginning of a poem. perhaps it might just be at that. what delights me is the blunt-force trauma of impermanence. that's right / nothing lasts. everything is change, in flux, etc. etc. the tattoos on my body will die with me. the words i use will cease when i stop. yet, the joy of knowing that this here/now is all there is makes life all that sweeter. without getting all mushy i've been walking around with my eyes open lately. still blind as fuck and trying to take it all in. the feel of rain on my face, on my glasses, the taste and crunch of the apple at lunch, the poems i'm reading, the movies i'm watching, the people i am loving, i am trying to take it all in. because this is all there is. i am larger in the knowledge of it being so.

3 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger Tom Beckett said...

Good post.

wv: usedol

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger richard lopez said...

thank you, tom.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Jean Vengua said...

I like this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home