Wednesday, June 08, 2011

from an email to jh

dude, i'm turning 44 on thursday. two things: i can't believe i'm in my mid-40s now, and i didn't know i'd make it this far.

getting older sharpens my need to take it all in. that i have only this one life so try to get as much pleasure as i can. my pleasures are rather simple things: reading, writing, movies, but also these include the love i have and share with my family, and my friends. sometimes i feel life so keenly it is hard not to walk these streets without a goddamn goofy grin on.

2 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger John B-R said...

Happy birthday, kid! Wait til you're 90. You'll still be saying WTF?!?! The only difference will be yr grin will be toothless ...

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger richard lopez said...

i think, john, that at 90 you can just look at the calendar and see the damned days blur by

 

Post a Comment

<< Home