Wednesday, August 26, 2020

my new laptop arrived this afternoon.  I just set it up.  easier it was than last time I bought a laptop.  still learning the device.  I notice too that the Microsoft program I am using capitalizes my lowercase I.  what's a poet to do!

I should be back in the usual swing of things in a day or two.  that's the thing about technology.  it's getting simpler to use as it is getting more sophisticated in its applications.  indeed, the set up to this new laptop was via voice activation.  of course I'm a writer so I said, fuck that!  let me type my commands!

i'll leave the capitalized personal eye in this post.  i'm tired & I don't have the energy to fuck with it .  what the hell?!  the eye was not capitalized in a couple of spots in the previous two sentences!  

what else...

the wildfires are very bad.  we came home from our annual beach house retreat to smoky skies & ash on everything outdoors.  we watched the lightning storm off the coast.  beautiful.  blue, orange lightning, sideways, up, down, double & triple pronged.  we were watching a fireworks show.  but it occurred to me that if that lightning made landfall fires would occur.    

I had no idea that the lightning storms were happening all over northern California.  indeed, one of the roads, Old Creek Road, we use to get to & from cayucos, was on fire. 

holy shit...

I am so tired I can't see straight.  anyway, I got my laptop.  I can write.  I will have plenty more to say.  in the meantime, in between time, let me see if I can post this video that I discovered as I did my best beach bum style in the little beach town that time forgot, cayucos, & that I find extraordinary moving based as it is by a great Elton John song.  

peace & love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home