Thursday, September 24, 2020

 days of poetry & wine

mel c thompson's publishing arm is trying something new.  publishing poems on bottles of wine.  this bottle of poetry vino arrived on my doorstep last weekend.  i was - am - thrilled to receive it.  but i am conflicted.  should i un-screw the cork & drink of the wine?  or should i leave it as it is like an unopened book.  i don't know.  i am a wine newbie too.  i don't know what type of wine jonathan hayes' haiku graces.  so i think i'll leave wine un-drunk.  easier for me since my beverages of choice/vice are coffee & beer.  still, i can't guarantee i won't drink it.  the holidays are fast approaching.  i can envision an evening when i eyeball the bottle sitting on my kitchen counter & it beckons me like a siren to ulysses's men.  should i succumb to its song i hope to find a sprig of moly to conjure me back to form.  

5 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Anonymous haze said...

dude,

it's a chardonnay;
only last for a couple yrs,
so drink up!

-haze -one

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger richard lopez said...

still have a couple of years to keep the bottle full & on my shelf!

 
At 3:00 PM, Anonymous haze said...

drink up brother, cuz ya going to need to make room
for another bottle!

-haze -one

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Tom Beckett said...

I'd be pleased to drink it for you.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger richard lopez said...

when i do crack it open, tom, i'll raise the bottle to you, poeta!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home