Tuesday, October 26, 2021

everyday is halloween

i've written about local [sacramento/san francisco] TV horror host bob wilkins before.  he's an icon for nearly every local lover of my beloved genre horror.  my parents would have me take a nap on saturday afternoons just so i could stay up late to watch creature features with bob wilkins.  wilkins was an unassuming host with his thick eyeglasses, smoking a stogie, & wry humor.  unlike a great many other media markets who also had their own horror hosts with their own ghoulish gimmicks & outre costumes.  not so for bob wilkins.  the venerable, yet unassuming host would often read the night's listings of other broadcasts published in tv guide magazine & encourage his viewers to watch those things instead of his own really bad movies.  that made me love him all the more.  bob wilkins introduced me to horror films.  i was often scared out of my mind.  thrilled too.  i'm glad to see the youtube channel for the center for sacramento history published this short promo for creature features from 1969 in honor of the high holiday.  
boo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home