Friday, March 04, 2022

i didn't know i was a cat person until i met anna.  when we moved in together she brought ernie, a rescue cat from the lot at her work.  ernie was a beautiful goofball with fluffy black fur.  i thought he was enough.  but a short time later anna called me & said she's rescued another kitty.  i told her no.  it's not a good idea.  a new cat will disrupt our lives & piss off ernie.  but anna is a great lover of cats & brought the new kitty home.  i was dead set against the new addition.  but when anna showed me berta i immediately & deeply fell in love with her.  you can't explain love.  you only can express it.  berta grabbed my heart.  & i don't know why.  i was thinking about berta this morning as i walked to work.  i was thinking about that moment when anna introduced me to berta & i remembered that rush of love.  love at first sight.  love deep & penetrating.  it went something like this, no, i don't want to see her.  oh my!  what a pretty kitty!  why berta should be in my thoughts now.  she's been dead for over 20 years.  i don't know.  perhaps we never forget our first loves.  i can say that i loved berta with all my heart.  i love berta with all my heart.  & i learned that i am a cat person.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home