Tuesday, March 19, 2024

the shade

i was at the refuse transfer station standing at the booth to pay the fee to dump a few things into the municipal facility where i was making light jokes with the attendant who asked me what part of the city i am from & what i was unloading into the city dump

i couldn't see the attendant as he was inside & i was outside in the glare of the sun darkened glass separated us & we spoke thru an intercom 

but it was at the moment i handed the attendant my credit card to pay the fee that i looked up to my left & in the mirror used to monitor incoming vehicles i saw an old man standing in my place wearing my clothes holding my credit card saying my jokes to the attendant

could that old man be me?  

have i sailed full force into decrepitude just like him?

is that me bent like a q just like him?

no way because an old man wouldn't blast 'jealous again' by black flag

would he?

bewildered by the shade i saw in the reflection i grew horrified by that old man but as i looked on with an expression of disgust he looked up at me 

smirked & then fucking winked!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home