Saturday, May 01, 2004

"I loaf and invite my soul," is no mean exercise. every schoolchild can, or should be required, to recite at least one or two lines by Whitman. certainly this line by the Good Grey Poet should be a must for recitation by everyone. what the hell is everyone hurrying to anyway.

life is too short to be in such a hurry, but it is not long enough to follow a moron.

and today, after a 12 hr. sleep, I woke to take the dogs for their walk, did a little shopping with Anna, and now attempting to be as still as possible. it ain't easy, such laziness, more art than science, certainly. but it is absolutely necessary for any work to be done, especially poetic work. reading and writing, for me at least, requires as much stillness as I can muster. it takes time and practice and a lot of energy: a disciplined laziness? oh yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home