Tuesday, June 05, 2007

splat #5

dog hair on the book on the page on the laptop dog hair everywhere as i write the dogs snooze and berta the cat keeps point beside me she lets me know when a line or word is fucked up by biting my hand the air blows hard for june 5, 2007 and it was this time 40 years ago the hippies in the haight declared the summer of love born that many years ago tonight at the supermarket the check-out girl said you look under 30 can i see yr i.d. i replied are you kidding, look at my grey hair she said humor me and i don't know if that is funny or not but a nice way to end a long day at work then tonight reading the essays of the tragic poet lew welch who disappeared in the sierras when i was 4 years old welch writes laughter, zany wit, can cut thru so much grease, so fast

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home