Tuesday, July 31, 2007

2 things in my wallet





this is from our favorite
eating place
a big salad bar
w/ killer baked potatoes
& vegan soups
made fresh every day

we thought of it
as our place
we would eat there
at least twice a week

to our horror
eat your vegetables
was sold about 10 years ago
and became alternately
a chinese buffet
& a mexican eatery

eating out's
not been the same

i've carried this
card in my wallet
for about 10 years now





this is the badge from my 1st job
working the tomato season
i am 18 in the photo
taken on the 1st night

that 1st night they tried to
kill me
working in the flour room
located in the basement
ripping open 50 lbs bags
of whey and flour
for stock
& pushing the contents
down huge chutes
no air conditioning
flour in the lungs
hair eyes

160 lbs crybaby
who faked it as well
as i could
when mgmt
surprised that i hadn't
keeled over
transfered me
all over the plant
i did almost
every kind of job
from driving a forklift
to cleaning the cookers

i did those jobs
for 2 seasons
i did
& survived

i've carried this in
my wallet for over 20 years

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home