Tuesday, September 13, 2011

i can scare myself with my own desert places

this is my favorite time of year
and halloween is my favorite holiday
but of course for a guy who has a pumpkin
inked on his shoulder everyday
as ministry said is halloween
there is a bit more spring
in my step because of the change
in light and season
as i make my peregrinations
thru my beloved town

last night i watched 'real' ghost videos
at youtube and yes i know the vids
are all crap fake and silly but it got late
and my defences were down
my head was bent toward the screen
and out of the corner of my eye
was a play of light and shadow
shaped like some thing
just so which startled the devil
out of me

ah i love how the human mind
even when it knows better
can scare itself
such is the magic of the movies
that is able to lift the curtain of disbelief

i recall using a ouija board with
an old girlfriend
the protocol if i recall correctly
is to say goodbye to the spirit
you were talking to
when you are done
we forgot and let the board
hit the floor
a few minutes later i said oh shit
we forgot to say goodbye
so i placed a finger on the planchette
said goodbye and that planchette
with me hardly touching it
bolted to the word GOODBYE

i knew it was me making the words
but damn how so it gave me the chills

4 Comments:

At 4:21 AM, Blogger Jim K. said...

what would life be without spices

never stop the play

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger richard lopez said...

i hear ya!

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger Richard said...

Good one Richard! I like this a lot. Links to your life. Is Nik your son?

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger richard lopez said...

yes, nick is our son. soon will be seven years old and loves gadgets and things. we just bought him a sony walkman mp3 player which he loves. i loaded it last night with various musics, including the album TREATS by the electonica-noise duo sleigh bells. kid's got taste, i guess, because he really, really is into that band.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home