Sunday, September 29, 2013

few minutes before bed

stuffed from eating leftovers lemon rice and mutter paneer

yesterday walked downtown to the convention center with nick

for the reptile show all sorts of non-cuddly [value judgment i know]

critters both scaly and not for sale as pets and food

[no value judgment there]

later went to the off-road bmx bike park

borrowed b.'s bike and  rode hard for several laps

been 30 years since i was on a bmx bike

old man out my legs were so watery when i jumped

off a berm to signal the end of my ride

i collapsed under my own weight

talked to john b-r for two hours tonight

set my thinking straight or as straight as can be

for john is the real deal and one of my teachers

in the arts of living in life and poetry

watching right now a tour of halloween haunted houses

on the travel channel

should be in bed but wide awake

writing down these humble lines in this my

domesticated bohemian life


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home