Thursday, June 19, 2014

life at mid-punk

i've been watching 1/2 and 3/4 movies films that are like on TV re the movie channels that have my interest i get thru most of the way then turn the TV off and i don't know who to blame me or the films i love cinema i love books too and i have stacks of books around me on the nightstand beside the bed on the table next to my chair where i sit with my laptop and do a little writing and don't even get my started on the internet blogs websites and youtube i need 12 lives i read books episodically rarely from page one to the last page and now it goes for movies and holy shit i nearly forgot about the ROKU that can stream all kinds of movies and TV shows 100s and 100s of movies and TV shows all on demand at the flick of a button then there is work i do for $$$$ and my job does keep me grounded and relatively sane plus i get pleasure and satisfaction when i do a good job at work don't forget my daily walks my precious time spent with anna and nick and whoo-boy! i need 12 lives especially when i am at mid-punk making my homemade bohemian-life as a husband father co-worker son and friend look so easy

3 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, Blogger Alex Gildzen said...

as I age I no longer feel the need for completion. I rarely read novels anymore. & the ones I start often remain unfinishd in piles. even poetry I sort thru -- picking one or some but hardly ever reading stright thru.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Alex Gildzen said...

whoops------- "straight."

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger richard lopez said...

i rarely read novels too. do you recall the novel i bought the night we met in front of city lights, titled THE SAME RIVER by estonian poet jaan kaplinksi? i still haven't finished it. when i was younger that incompletion worried me greatly. now i simply read what i want at the pace i want. i usually read poetry books from start to finish but most prose, from memoirs, bios, to movie books, i read in pieces, here and there. i've been dipping into the collected prose of osip mandelstam, a magnificent book. i doubt i'll read it cover to cover. i simply dip into it, wade in its waves, and jump from piece to piece, sometimes finishing a piece, sometimes not. my reading, and now my movie viewing, has become kind of like non-narrative poetry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home