Friday, July 01, 2016

my dream last night

i don't put much stock in my dreams
rarely do i remember them
but i think the salt air and the sound of the surf
did wonders on my nervous system
i dreamt i was with a few of my favorite poets
like jean vengua eileen tabios tom beckett john b-r
to name a few we were at a writers festival
we all woke at the same time
eileen was passing around her latest collaboration
with her two toms, tom beckett and tom fink
a heavily revised paragraph of prose poetry
i watched jean as she slipped outside i wanted to say something to her
i woke to the sound of the surf with nick and anna beside me
feeling deep peace and a well-earned serenity

1 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger John B-R said...

Nice, Richard. It would be nice in real life, too, to be in the same place with all the named people ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home