Sunday, April 26, 2020

i am awake & not awake


today doing chores including working
in the garden where my allergies
attacked me so severely
i needed to put on my covid19 mask

it worked
the sneezing abated & i felt the world
thru my lungs

strange things i have seen

at home depot a man wearing a suit buying an ax

on northgate blvd a man & woman
proselytizing the end times for jesus
because we are sinners
& the pandemic is punishment from god

how we have so quickly adapted to lockdown
wearing masks
standing at least 2 meters apart from each other
plexiglass barriers at points of sale

this century has seen a world changing crisis
every 10 years or so

what next
alien invasion?

i want to say hey to all my brothers & sisters
& non-binaries out there
in the art & in life

if i haven't reached out to you
know that each of you
[you know who you are]
i am giving you all my love

if we band together
as a species
we might make it out of this mess

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home