Thursday, February 11, 2021

the typewriter

i remember my typing class was 1st period in high school.  i'd smoke a joint & then would bang on the keys like they were piano keys

as late as 1992 i'd use a typewriter to write my school papers

when we bought our house in the last year of the the last century i had no typewriter or computer.  i'd write my poems [as shitty as they were] in long hand.  then i'd take them either to the computer lab at school or use the computer at work to print them out

i remember my desk as i wrote my poems in longhand.  they were terrible.  for i have such shitty handwriting.  even i had a difficult time reading what i wrote 

i had to use a typewriter for my job as recently as the first decade of this century

i had a speech professor, early in the 1990s, who insisted on me using the typewriter because word processors was not  'real writing'

i've yet to figure out what 'real writing' is.  so i use what tools i have at hand to write.  that used to be longhand.  then it was typewriters.  now i write using my phone & laptop.  tomorrow?  as the beatles song says, 'tomorrow never knows'



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home