Friday, October 01, 2021

everyday is halloween

this video transferred from 16mm home movie stock is a great mash of spooky cheese.  a home haunt in midtown sacramento from 1968 titled 'psychedelic home haunt.'  is it?  well, take a gander & i'll let ghoul be your answer!  i love my hometown.  i really do.  this haunted house was made & presented a little before i was walking & talking on my own.  but it reminds me of a few moments of screen time in the early 1970s of a local haunt also in a midtown victorian house.  the charity march of dimes hosted a haunted attraction during the scary season & the local news went to report on it.  the camera roamed the halls & i remember seeing frankenstein's monster at the end of a dark hall while in the bathroom was a creature in the bathtub.  scared the bejeebus outta me.  & thrilled me at the same time.  i'm sure as an adult the haunted attraction would look like so much plastic, latex & paint.  like they do in this video.  & yet & still, holy shit!  they still thrill me.  ain't that the heart & essence of the scary season? 
boo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home