Saturday, January 07, 2023

un-taken notes

thru out the day, evening & nite hell when i am conscious enuf to know that i am imagining thinking daydreaming i have like a great many of us ideas to write about & i say to myself yes when i have enuf time tonite i will thrash out these ideas on the blank screen of my laptop until some words come out then i can push those words around given my ideas full expression but when i do sit down & open my laptop & because the day's tasks are long i can't remember what the hell my ideas might have been about anyway so i say to myself keep yr goddamn notebook with you all the time write them down when you can but the beauty of not taking notes is sometimes you sit down to yr blank screen having no ideas at all & you let it rip anyway sometimes something interesting comes out sometimes nothing & oftentimes it is shit but i remember what the late poet william stafford said about his own daily writing practice stafford wrote a poem every morning & when he was asked what if he stafford didn't have the juice or ideas for a poem that day stafford that trickster said, why i just lower my standards & so as i sit here with the wind outside blowing fierce we have another series of powerful storms to get thru this week & with nothing to say at all i say in the spirit of william stafford that my standards are at a new low

2 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger Tom Beckett said...

Even your lows can be pretty damn good, Richard. I take great joy from daily visits to this blog.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger richard lopez said...

thank you, tom! abrazos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home