Tuesday, October 06, 2015

everyday is halloween

movies that scared the pee out of me: the sentinel [1977]

i really don't remember seeing this flick.  only the shadows of fear, of being scared shitless, shroud my memories of this movie.  a young model moves into an apartment building that is occupied by a blind priest played by john carradine on the top floor.  turns out this building is the gateway to hell.  carradine is keeping the demons at bay.

but an image of the actor burgess meredith and the stairwell and the demons and the girl is seared into my memory.  i may even be remembering a bit from the trailer played on TV.  i don't know.  demons and the gate of hell gave me the cold sweats.  anything suggesting the devil and hell had me jumping out of my skin when i was a kid.

that image of demons and the girl and burgess meredith and the stairwell haunted my dreams.  the image followed me to my bedroom.  it was around the corners and a little beyond my field of vision.  and yet i know they were somehow present and  waiting for me.  i was haunted.  i was scared out of my wits.

perhaps that fear, vistigial, has kept me from seeking out this movie and watching it again.  i know it got middling reviews.  i don't believe in hell, or heaven.  and yet i remember my fear and how physical it was caused by images from this film.

 i know the boogeyman ain't real, okay.  and still. . .and yet. . .

boo

4 Comments:

At 2:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

post in this blog. Really a nice work has done. I appreciate the blog ownerThank you pertaining to sharing the following Nitro-XX superb subject matter on your web-site. I came across it on google. I may check to come back once you publish additional aricles.Without difficulty, the post is really the best on this deserving topic. I agree with your results and will thirstily look onward to your approaching updates. Saying many thanks will not just be enough, for the tremendous ability in your writing. I will instantly pick up your rss feed to stay privy of any updates. http://www.healthcaresups.com/nitro-xx/

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

We are looking forward to the actual ommencement OptiMind of my college research and the complete prep would never have been complete without dropping by your site. If I might be of any assistance to others, I will be delighted to help as a result of what I have learned from here.I will surely foreward this post to all of my pals! Its very first-rate and a very decent readRelying on your instanct is tough for most of us. It takes years to build confidence. Frankly it takes more than just happening to happen. http://www.healthcaresups.com/optimind/

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Who knows maybe it really is just my Cerebrrin cell phone. Great post by the way.I like it! I like it a lot. You know exactly what youre talking about, exactly where other people are approaching from on this issue. Im glad that I had the fortune to stumble across your webpage. Its definitely an important issue that not enough people are talking about and Im glad that I got the chance to see all the angles.Personally Im impressed by the quality of this.For more ==== >>>>>> http://guidemesupplements.com/cerebrrin-scam/

 
At 3:52 AM, Anonymous jim said...

Nice Post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home