Wednesday, December 07, 2016

quote unquote

Keats said that a poet's life is one of continual allegory.  I am a poet.  I'm not at the level of Keats or Stein or even Tim Dlugos, but I walk the same path.  And I believe that my life is a kind of symbolic narration that holds clues to the secret meanings of things.  Most people choose not to pick up on these clues.  Bully for them.  But those who take the time to study the lives of the poets can learn something valuable.

--owen hill [the chandler apartments; creative arts book company, 2002]

2 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with all of this! Love ya bro! Happy New Year Seasons Greetings and keep that allegory rolling the cluster of images and clues adds to the wonder of our world!


Clifford! too lazy to sign in with my google account so I am using the anon feature... Keep the faith friend!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger richard lopez said...

thank you, amigo. happy new year to you as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home