Sunday, January 13, 2008

a big thanks to everyone who wrote supportive emails and commented on my last post. i am deeply, really, touched. at the moment i am back to my old self and feeling rather pretty good. the sun is shining, birds are chirping, dogs and kitty sleeping, as i have the window open to let the fresh air in.

just a touch, a light touch, or a reminder, of spring.

and but so, today as anna and nicholas do some shopping i've read two books by martin stannard, conversations with myself and writing down the days, and reread the chap expensive magic by cedar sigo which arrived in the mail yesterday. next up is prau by jean vengua.

and and just got the final manuscript of our split chap by jonathan hayes. next step is to send it the printers.

finally, geof huth hit me up with a meme and you know i can't resist a meme. expect it in a day or so.

peace and love

2 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger Geofhuth said...

Richard,

You're sounding well. Glad to hear it. My meme-ing you was my way of helping. I've been undepressed for decades, probably because I'm always focusing on creation and thinking away anything.

Anyway, have fun with the meme. You may end up being the only one to respond to it, which is no big deal. I don't care if the tagged respond or not, but glad when they do. I'm looking forward to what you come up with.

Geof

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Catalin said...

I often underestimate the power of a sunshiny day and some birds chirping. Winter sometimes lulls me into a low-grade depression, a subtle and slow slide that disguises the true depth to which I've sunk. Mild enough, though, that one sunny day yanks me right out of that pit at which I look back in amazement--wow! That was deep! I was in there! It was dark!--and reinvigorated I look around for a tree to climb.

Of course, there are other pits from which the sun does not rescue me, but that's another topic, of course.

Glad the words of support found their mark. Don't be afraid to share your unbeautiful states of mind--it gives us all courage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home