Sunday, September 19, 2010

oh well, a touch of grey kinda suits you anyway

so vocalised jerry garcia 20-odd years ago in the only big hit by the grateful dead. what astonishes me more now is that i'm roughly the same age now as garcia et al. were when they recorded their tune. trust me, the years were but a blink of the eye. so much for wistfulness. and my hair color is nearly all grey now. my first touch of grey hit me in my teens. that's okay, i suppose, but now it's also thinning as hell. it used to be so thick that i could barely pull a comb thru it. so i gave up trying to comb it years ago. now i see jim mccrary and i share the same sort of hair color, or lack of it. see his post here and post, if you dare, your own pics of your hair, too.

2 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Jim K. said...

ah...the years..
still dangling on that range..
less grey after the haircut.

at least I'm in better shape than
when I was 35. scary..neglect
does a number on you even then

i posted my hair wet for the
jersey piece...slight cheat.heh

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger richard lopez said...

i hear ya, jim, when my hair is dry it appears white, but when wet it still retains a bit of black. i guess it depends on the light too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home