Saturday, August 08, 2015

dailies

the dude ringing and bagging my purchases at trader joe's asks if i've read anything lately / i tell him a short mystery novel by a berkeley based poet & a study on the estonian poet jaan kaplinski / curious he asks me about kaplinski / after a few moments i ask after what he is reading / a collection of short stories by david foster wallace & i forget what else / we go on for the length of our transaction discussing books david foster wallace and writing / then i sign the monitor after i swiped my card / & he is done bagging my stuff / anna asked how we got into that subject / i don't know but for he asked me the question / about reading / which leads into writing / which then further leads into how one lives in this world / which may or may not mean very much / but for this life / this writing / & this moment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home